Logical Picker



Mother's Day is a mixed bag.

I keep reminding myself it is for me. I have no issues with my Mom or my Mother but I do have issues that creep in and rear their ugly heads.

Don't get me started on your fur kids. Your fur kids are great but they are NOT a human being. NOT the same. Please don't send me hate mail.

I spent today researching my family tree and returning the billiondy emails I have piled up. Why do I do this? Emails aren't like a fine wine, getting better with age. If anything they are becoming more annoying by picking at my grey matter like a woodpecker every day until I deal with them.

Emails are supposed to make my life easier. They don't.

My daughter took me out with her boyfriend-not boyfriend-cause-they-are-playing-it-cool boyfriend and his mom. We had Thai food. Claudia is a sweetheart.

We bonded over our online endeavors to be all crafty with antiques and nuances of selling platforms.. I like being crafty but more of a picker than crafty. Do you know what a picker is? We hunt down deals at garage sales, rummage sales, etc. etc... and resell our treasures online. I love doing this because I am convinced I have a gift.

Some people have gifts of discernment, or managing money, or even of loads of patience to deal with kiddos. I have the gift of a deal. Its an odd gift to have but I can spot a deal a mile away and it has served me well.

I get this from my Mom. Not my bio Mom. She gave me my height and crazy logic brain. No, this is my step mum. And this is why you need Moms and are thankful on Mother's Day. Pick a deal....make moolah, logic the best way to spend money. If this is all my Moms gave me? I'm a happy girl.

Happy Mother's Day to those amazing Moms, including mine.

You are loved and blessed.

Bee is listening to Stan Getz - There Will Never Be Another You

No comments:

Post a Comment