Book Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

Book: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Stars: 4

It's taken me forever to get to this and now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. This book was an escape and I don't know what I was expecting but I didn't realize how much I would love it. Reminded me of Laini Taylor's book The Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

Penryn's narration was strong and she was loyal to the nth degree, even to her detriment.. Her character was well-rounded and not lost to plot devices.

Raffe. What can I say? He is that engaging combination of charm, repartee, physical strength and brutality.larger than life.

Paige was a surprise to me, with me finding empathy in this character and nail-biting to the bitter end.

Humor and sarcasm was wonderfully written. Writing good dialog is difficult but Susan Ee was a pro. Fast paced, and entertaining but imperfectly perfect. The perfect escape.

Many thanks to Netgalley for my copy. All views herein are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment